- The palace and the park complex in Radziejowice is a perfect place for a Sunday walk after lunch. A beautiful park area, abundant in paths, benches and picnic areas to encourage you to enjoy the sunshine. Even if you prefer to spend time on a blanket, and your children are full of energy, if you take badminton racks or a ball, you can be sure that you will find some personal space. The park surrounding the palace is a very neat place, green and you have to watch to get back home in time. Although, generally, we recommend that you take your time and have fun. Admission? It is free, of course.
- One of the interesting facts is that the first two editions of the "Lady's Project" show were recorded in the Palace. If you are a fan of the "experiment" which transformed a number of ill-mannered girls into a refined lady and you know every part of the Palace by heart, it's time to visit every corner in reality. But do not worry, mentors do not require a uniform at the door, dress comfortably and do not forget to take a souvenir photograph in the Palace.
- If you are planning a day trip to Radziejowice, it is worth knowing where to eat something delicious. In the end, you might get really hungry after a few hours of walking and sightseeing. Personally, I recommend a new Kurka Woda Restaurant serving fresh and tasty meals. You need to check the menu if you feel that the name suggests mainly poultry dishes. I can only tell you that you will find a number of interesting things. One of them are volcanic stones which you can use to bake meat and vegetables yourself. Sounds interesting? I would like to tell you something else but it is impossible to keep up with Kurka's seasonal dishes. Kurka Wodna - only 2.5 km from the Palace.
- I am going to return to the Palace itself, because it is worth adding that apart from the aforementioned classical interior, the place holds exhibitions and probably the most recognized one in the area - the exhibition of Józef Chełmoński. What is important, this is the largest collection of his works. You do not need to be an art critic, the tour guide is open to questions and knows all the details about the artist and his works. During the tour, he will tell you stories to let you travel to the times in the pictures. I have to confess that the first visit was not enough and I had to return one more time. I recommend doing so! If the first exhibition is not enough, you can also visit a permanent exhibition of "Jerzy Waldorff-Preyss 1910-1999" hosted in the Palace.
- I should warn you that a trip to Radziejowice may involve a risk that you will not feel like coming home. Is there any cure to that? Sure. It is best to combine business with pleasure - stay overnight at Hotel Afrodyta, where apart from interesting rooms (psss, check the poppy room - my personal favorite! ) you can use the AQUA SPA with a tempting swimming pool, jacuzzi (not only in the spa zone, but also outside - it's really cool), a sauna zone (4 types) and showers. Such type of relaxation is impossible to resist ... For children, there is a designated paddling pool. However, this is not the end of surprises. After playing in water, children of all ages may head to a playroom and a large playground that reminds me of an obstacle course. It's sad that I'm too old for that.
As you can see, the Palace in Radziejowice itself is a fantastic place for a romantic stay or a family picnic. It is also worth knowing what opportunities there are when you leave the palace. Finally, a handful of technical information:
The palace gallery is open all year except the following days: 1 January, 20, 21, 22 April, 1 November, 24, 25, 26 December.
Monday - Friday: 10.00 - 15.00
Saturday - Sunday: 10.00 - 17.00
The last admission to the exhibition is possible one hour before the gallery closing time.
The tour starts every full hour, in groups not exceeding 25 guests.
Hotel Afrodyta and Kurka Wodna Restaurant are located in the Tartak Brzózki (Radziejowice commune). The hotel is open 24 hours a day. The restaurant is open on Saturday (12.00 - 21.00) and on Sunday (12.00 - 20.00).